Speakers' presentations and videos
The EurOCEAN 2023 conference took place on 10-11 October 2023 as an in-person event at the Auditorio y Palacio de Congresos Mar de Vigo, Vigo, Galicia, Spain.
This page contains the presentations from the speakers and the livestreamed videos.
Welcome and opening addresses (video recording)
Session 1: Enabling ecosystem-based management for fisheries and conservation (video recording)
- Presentation (pdf): Integrated Ecosystem Assessment for Ecosystem-based Fisheries Management - Debbi Pedreschi, Marine Institute
- Presentation (pdf): Monitoring of Good Environmental Status and Sea Floor Integrity under the scope of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive - Pablo Martín-Sosa, Spanish Institute of Oceanography
Session 2: Addressing pharmaceutical pollution from inland to sea (video recording)
Due to technical issues, the sound from a different video overlaped during the first minutes of the recording.
- Presentation: The challenges of Antimicrobial Resistance - Bruno González-Zorn, Universidad Complutense Madrid
- Presentation (pdf): Presence, behavior and risk assessment of pharmaceuticals in marine ecosystems - Marica Mezzelani, Università Politecnica delle Marche & PHARMASEA project
Closing Day 1: Coastal resilience and Blue Carbon in Europe (video recording)
- Presentation (pdf): Launch of EMB Position Paper on “Building Coastal Resilience in Europe” - Sebastian Villasante, University of Santiago de Compostela
- Presentation (pdf): Launch of EMB Policy Brief on “Blue Carbon: Challenges and opportunities to mitigate the climate and biodiversity crises” - Natalie Hicks, University of Essex
Session 3: Transforming ports at the interface between land, society and the Blue Economy (video recording)
- Presentation (pdf): The “Ports Propres” initiative - Capucine Seguin, Region Sud: Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (PACA) representation office in Brussels
- Presentation (pdf): The “Living Ports” initiative - Gerardo González, Port Authority of Vigo
Session 4: Ensuring Ocean knowledge in the age of the digital Ocean (video recording)
- Presentation (pdf): The EU Mission effort for developing a Digital Ocean and Water Knowledge System - Elisabetta Balzi, European Commission
- Presentation (pdf): The EU effort for developing a Digital Twin Ocean - Pierre Bahurel, Mercator Ocean International
Session 5: Changing humanity’s relationship with the Ocean: art as agent of change (video recording)
- Presentation (pdf): The Blue Humanities: Water, the Sea, and Literature - Ursula Kluwick, University of Bern
- Presentation (pdf): A Changing Interplay between Art, Science, Technology and Society - Daniel Rey, CIM-UVigo & Campus do Mar
Presentation of the Vigo Declaration (video recording)
- Presentation (pdf): The Vigo Declaration - Sheila Heymans, European Marine Board
Closing session - What’s next: rallying actions for our Ocean and Waters (video recording)
If you have any questions, please contact the EMB Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.